Session 6


Again, I was working as a project planner for the Hong Kong University Graduation Association for my internship. I help them to organize the Confucius Carnival 2012, which is one the the biggest event in Hong Kong. Usually, it is held once per year, which is located at the jointion of Perterson Street and Yee Wo Street in Causeway Bay. It's aim is to promote the Chinese traditional culture to all the citizens as well as the visitors by various performances. My job duties is helping them to invite the performers and invite some celebrities to present in the opening ceremony which can help to increase the popularity of the event. Also, I was the emcee in the opening ceremony. Not only was I be the emcee in this event, but I also help to manage and coordinate the event and make sure that all the sub-events are under good management. 









As we all known, for every events, especially that in an urgent situation, always require lots of amendment so as to fulfill the final requirement indeed. Just like my job, since the event was conducting on 4th Feb,2012, all the tasks were in an urgent condition after the first week of January 2012. But, unfortunately, plenty of things still had not been figured out and completed. All the stuffs were in rush. It implies that we don't have a good organize and a time schedule so that everything just become a mess. As all of us are just a internship worker, we have no idea on how to deal with the tighten deadline and reporting schedule. Moreover, the "on-show-day" is fixed and cannot be changed under any circumstance. So, we faced a very large difficulties as we are not sure whether we can complete all the things before the commenced date.

That is my story and it seems that we will fail in completing the task. However, at the last moment, by the hands of every group leaders, we finally finish the task and the event can be finished as expected. It's mainly relying on the efforts that paid by ourselves.  We scarified lots of personal time in helping and accelerating the job progress. Luckily, we finish all of it on time.

In my story, I realize for an organization which seeks a great efficiency, what they need the most is the collaboration as well as the communication. As the task is divided into several small tasks. Originally, it is expected that dividing into smaller piece can foster the progress. However, due to the lack of communication among all the sub-team, the whole progress is being delayed a lot. Thus, the communication among different team is very important. Also, inside a team, the team spirit and the collaboration is vital indeed. Otherwise, no matter how much effort I paid, I still cannot get a good result.

3 comments:

  1. Hello, Jack
    I think this performance is very helpful in developing the traditional cultrue, especial among the youth. As you said, collaboration and communication is very important for an organization. In your case, I think the role of time management is vital.How about your opinion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jack,
    Thank you for sharing your story in the organization. From your story I realized the importance of collaboration and communication. I think the problem that you met at the first is the mistake that we may all make in our ages. Besides I think the leadership in an organization is very important. At first you and members were lack of collaboration and communication and hardly catch up with the deadline, it may be the leadership who didn't control everything well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,Jack
    Thank you for sharing.
    I can`t agree with you any more that you said " I realize for an organization which seeks a great efficiency, what they need the most is the collaboration as well as the communication."
    The efficiency is the core of one organization and to achieve this we should do more collaboration and communication with your group.

    ReplyDelete