Session 2 by Jack

Lecture 2

Scenario:
For the last winter, I got an internship in Bank of China. I was the operation trainee and my responsibility is to keep all the bank transactions are under the guideline of government and I need to make sure that all the transactions are processing under the regulations. For the modern society, every second is also vital for the banking service. Thus, BOC are now introducing a new system so as to cope with the fast trading as it is the trend of the market.
I think it is belonging to technology adoption model. It is because its implementation is aiming at improving the efficiency as well as the effectiveness. Also, the senior manager is the first one to face the change since he is the coordinator, he must be the person-in-charge if there are any problems. It can be explained by the strong top-down (autocratic) leadership indeed. The person who is in the highest position will definitely be the main change agent.
Besides, in order to facilitate the implementation of new technology, there must be a fixed schedule and some clear goals. For my situation, all the staffs have to learn an familiar with the new system within one month.
By Tai Kai Yin, Jack (2008108602)


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jack,
    Thank you for sharing the information about your work experience in Bank of China. I think you have used the "technology adoption model" to help explain the change of your organization which help me get a deeper understand of this model. So under this model what do you think is the most difficult part for your organization to achieve? ( You don't have to answer if you think this question is nothing to do with the topic. And feel free to give me suggestion) Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete