Session 1 by Vanice






I think the five key factors of organizational learning can summarize as below:
  • Personal Mastery –  identify what you want to be, evaluate existing situation and choose the suitable way to achieve your goals
  • Shared Vision – common learning goals
  • Mental Models – maintain  open minded to all new ideas
  • Team learning – way of learning through group sharing and discussion
  • System thinking – way of learning through segmentation of complex ideas
My ideas about the five key factors are a bit difference from my groupmate, Makino, especially the point of team leaning. Makino points out that her school teachers achieve team learning by using same set of learning materials. However, I believe team learning must includes discussion and sharing of ideas and combine and/or modify these ideas into a new one.

By Chan Siu Yin, Vanice

6 comments:

  1. Hi Vanice,

    In your article you mentioned about the system thinking by segmentation of complex ideas. But what do you think can the ideas from different channels be treated, and do you think sometimes there may come to a conflict of ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ricky

      I think different ideas/ problems must be raised if the decision making process involve discussion. What we have to do is encourage people express their ideas without pressure and combine all the ideas into the best solutions.

      Chan Siu Yin Vanice

      Delete
  2. HI,Vanice
    in the Peter Senge's five discipline, which do you think is the most important factor in organization learning?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Milky,

      I think team learning is most important discipline as we all know no man is an island. For example, I share my ideas, discuss with my boss and formulate the best way to complete my task. We are lack of manpower last year and no one can handle the elearning technical problem. I reflect this to my boss and he hires one more staff after evaluation. Other staffs appreciate his dicision as they can approach a specific staffs to enquire elearning problem.

      Chan Siu Yin Vanice

      Delete
  3. HI,Vanice:
    Thank you for your suggestion. I agree with you that team learning is not only using same set of learning materials but also includes discussion and sharing of ideas and combine and/or modify these ideas into a new one. So I think my organization is just in the very basic level of the organizational learning and much effort must be done be better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vanice,
    I think your definition of team learning is a good one. And I have different opinions of the part "combine and/or modify these ideas into a new one", I think the part belongs to system thinking.

    ReplyDelete